Thursday 30 June 2011

Leeds

So, I went off gallivanting around Leeds today.  It was business, I promise, I didn't actually take the day off to go sight seeing.  The day started out pretty badly though..first, train delays due to points failure - this was just trying to get into Manchester - then train cancellations - that was my train to Leeds - I guess it wouldn't have mattered much had my train been so delayed that i missed it.  I was also sat next to a guy that was probably in his late 60's early 70's and although he was lovely, he did insist on talking all the way to Huddersfield.  Which, I wouldn't have minded much, had I not wanted to get back to my book that I cannot get my nose out. (I should tell you about that sometime, but for now, all I will say is - 'Sister' and 'Afterwards' by Rosamund Lupton - read them!) But to top it all though, for some reason, and I couldn't tell you here what I was thinking, but I was also wearing 6 inch heels.  Although they may have looked good strutting around Piccadilly and Leeds station, they hurt like a bitch!  I really did regret wearing them (or not packing a pair of flats in my bag) when I started walking from Piccadilly station back to my office this afternoon when I got back to Manchester.  By the time I left the office to walk to Victoria station, I was ready to take them off and walk barefoot.  But, we are in the city here and we don't want to look silly, so I carried on walking...feeling each bubble/stone/cigarette butt on the sidewalk and cringing with each step.  I have never been so happy to get home and take my shoes off and roll back and forth on the balls of my feet as I was today. Even though, that too hurt like hell.
Right now, I'm sat, crossed legged on my computer chair, feeling the throb and wondering how my partying tomorrow night is going to go with these feet.

Coz yes, I'm out tomorrow night partying with friends and i am so excited!  Two of my online girlfriends are travelling up to Manchester to meet me and although I have met one of them before, I haven't met the other.  I'm a little bit nervous, I wont lie.  I'm a little bit hesitant.  Mainly because I worry that we will run out of things to say, and because I was always the third wheel in that online friendship anyway.  I'm sure it will go swimmingly.  Well, it better had, coz the three of us are going out for High Tea on Saturday too!  Can you just picture me doing that??  No, me neither :)  I am looking forward to it though. 

So, I'm blogging tonight for the sake of blogging. Not because I have anything profound to say, or that I have any particular topic going on in my head.  I am happier though, in myself.  I'm pleased about that.
Just thought I would share

Bx

No comments: