Monday 23 January 2012

Hurt

Hurt

Goosebumps march across my skin
As I feel my way along the floor
Desperately trying to find the door
Every surface I must explore
Of this dark room that I'm in.

He'd hurt me when he'd grabbed me
For I had not seen him there
His hand striking out, grabbing my hair
My life plunged straight into a nightmare
Fear and dread now my reality.

And then I'd smelt his stinking breath
And though I did not know his name
To him, I knew this was a game
My heart raced, and my legs went lame
And I knew this meant my death

And even though I tried to shout
My mouth would not utter a sound
And lying bleeding on the ground
There's no one to save me, no one around
It was then I felt my world fade-out

And now in the dark, as I awaken
Unconsciously shed tears dried on my face
What and where was this awful place?
And of him there appears to be no trace
Or could I be mistaken?
~Bernadette~
~21/01/2012~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I open your RSS feed it puts up a whole lot of strange characters, is the deal on my end?

Bernadette Davies said...

I'm not having that problem? Is anyone else?

Jane Isaac said...

This is amazing Bernadette. Thanks for sharing