Tuesday 5 April 2011

Facebook

Facebook has been around for what? Two, Three, Five years?  I don't know.  Nor can I remember much now what it was like before Facebook.  It's like..email has been around for what 10-15 years?  And can anyone remember what we did before email?  Same goes for the Internet.  What did we do before the www?

Anyway, I don't know what your thoughts are about Facebook?  Mine tend to change from one month to the next.  At the moment, I'm really rather tired of it.  Do not see the appeal.  Do not see why everyone needs to be in everyone's business, nor do I really know why you think I'm interested in what you ate 5 minutes ago, or that you have a doctors appointment. 

What I do like is the photo's and the ability to catch up with people I haven't spoken to in ages.  But then, that's what email is there for too. 

Then there is twitter.  I've got a twitter account. Not that I use it much.  If ever.  That to me is more pointless than Facebook.  I'm sorry but I really don't get it. 

Ask me again, in a month or so from now how i feel about Facebook.  Chances are I may think its great again, or I'm loving some game or something I've discovered on there.  Or I'm bored with the usual 'stuff' I do online and have reverted back to FB. 

People watch you like a hawk.  If i don't post something on my profile page for a few days I get people texting or emailing me asking me if everything is ok.  I promise you, if I've not posted on Facebook for a while. it doesn't mean something is wrong. I just don't have anything worthwhile to say.  If something is wrong with me, wrong enough to be concerned about, you will know.

What are your thoughts about it?  Tell me. 

Bx

No comments: