Monday 3 June 2013

WhiteSpace Season One by Sean Platt and David W. Wright - a review

WhiteSpace Season OneWhiteSpace Season One by Sean Platt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the second review I have done on one of the 'seasons' by these two authors. I did one a week or so ago on their other massively successful series called 'Yesterday's Gone' after finishing Season two and have since finished the third in the series.
So impressed was I by their style in both the series' as well as their Zombie story called Z2134 that I hurriedly grabbed the next series called Whitespace. I have just finished season one and I have to say I am fast becoming a huge fan of theirs. Their ability to leave you reeling after each episode by massive cliffhangers keeps you coming back for more and more and I can see them gaining a massive following, if they haven't already. The idea to write books in the form of a series is so clever and I am pretty sure it will catch on and become a very successful medium in which to release books, though I imagine the added pressure of having to ensure you don't keep your readers waiting too long after leaving them hanging in the air by some awesome 'Oh my god, I did not see that coming!' end of episode/season will make it difficult to keep up the pace and to keep delivering.
Whitespace is well written (although I did see a few typo's that need looking at) and it focuses on a small island town off the west coast of the US where strange things seem to be happening. Initially, I downloaded the book because I thought it dealt with a school shooting and its aftermath, and although that is the opening premise of the book, it develops into so much more than that.
The characters are well developed and I am sure you will soon have a favourite (mine is Brock Houser) but I have become fascinated by each one and having just downloaded season two I eagerly await to read more to find out what happens to each one.
Twists and turns at the end of every episode with tiny little hints thrown in here and there, you will be kept guessing throughout and then, if you are like me and think you have guessed what is going on, will still be freaked when more and more facts are revealed.
I look forward to much more from this talented duo, who I imagine are madly writing to keep up with the demand by their ever increasing fan base.

View all my reviews

No comments: